Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Veetus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
So I was wanting to undo my jailbroken 3GS...my question is: can I back all my contacts, photos, text messages, etc. or can I only start completely over??

I heard that if you uninstall every app that you've installed from cydia or rock, then sync with iTunes... Restore the phone, and when it asks to restore from backup or setup as new phone, choose the latest backup.

HOWEVER: What about repositories and whatnot? And should I uninstall Cydia and Rock as well?

Thank you in advance,
Veetus

Veetus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
Update: And I actually was able to do it, all my data (except for apps, which is fine I guess) was transferred over..however my phone says "A T & T" as apposed to "AT&T". So I was thinking, in order to get that back to normal, could I possibly restore my iPhone as new and then use the backup function again to maybe fix this problem?

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
Update: And I actually was able to do it, all my data (except for apps, which is fine I guess) was transferred over..however my phone says "A T & T" as apposed to "AT&T". So I was thinking, in order to get that back to normal, could I possibly restore my iPhone as new and then use the backup function again to maybe fix this problem?

yes that might work. you can always backup your phone, restore as new, and then restore from a backup or set up as new. however, if your backup is correupted your restore will be also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.