iPod touch Unjailbreaking iPod Touch 4th Generation?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ahu418, Oct 26, 2011.

1. ahu418 macrumors newbie

I jailbroke my 4th Generational iPod touch a couple of months back, installed apps like Installous, and was happy with everything for a while. Recently, though, I've noticed bugs crop up with my device. For example, when I wanted to update apps from the App Store that I know I bought from there (as opposed to from Installous) an error message saying I needed to purchase the full version of the app appeared. Strange error messages like "This accessory does not support charging" pop up too when I plug my iPod in.

I want to unjailbreak my iPod before something big happens. How would you do that? I'm wondering whether I could just upgrade to iOS 5 since I know that will erase the jailbreak. Are there any repercussions to just simply doing that?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Miss Nerdy macrumors newbie

No, it's perfectly safe to upgrade, as that will remove everything jailbreak related.

3. max5427 macrumors newbie

4. (name here) macrumors newbie

jailbreak then unjailbreak

if i have a save for my ipod on my computer and i jailbreak my ipod (never hooking it up to that computer again) and i restore it and download the stuff from my computer back on will i still have everything?