Unjailbreaking my iPhone - Do not want to sync jailbroken apps data back in

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Simplicated, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Hello, I decided to unjailbreak my iPhone 3GS.

However before I do this I want to know if iTunes syncs all jailbroken apps data back into the phone when I choose to restore from a backup. I have some App Store apps data that are truly important to me (well, also game saves :rolleyes:).

If it does sync those jailbroken data, is there a way to not let iTunes do that?

Thanks!

2. zvandiver macrumors member

A restore through iTunes will only restore official App Store apps. All of your jailbreak apps and settings will be gone.

3. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

This is incorrect.

While apps will not sync over, certain settings will come back in a restore. For example if you changed your provider name, used Categories, etc.

If you don't want jailbroken settings to come in a backup, remove as much as you are able, restoresettings back to the way they were before the jailbreak, or justset your phone up as new. :)

4. dread macrumors 6502a

Is it possible to remove categories before removing the jailbreak so it doesn't show up once restored from backup

5. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Yes, I recommend that because if you restore from a backup to a nonjailbroken iPhone, you will not see certain app icons.