Unjailbreaking problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by peteknopp, Oct 21, 2011.

1. peteknopp macrumors member

Iphone 3gs was locked to vodafone, friends promised to unlock and said no jailbreak. Got phone back and saw it had cydia and was on Ios 4.21. also it had been somehow set up to use a TMN sim (another carrier here in Portugal) which is what I wanted it unlocked for. I understand the jailbreak/cydia enabled the other carrier sim to work. I turned phone off and whilst holding home button plugged into itunes. selected restore and it seems to do it and verify but then all I get is spinning icon next to iphone listed on left side and phone is not asking me to insert a sim. If i do insert a sim I am not asked to unlock the sim and the phone just wants to be connected to itunes, yet itunes is not finishing the restore process.

Ideas?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Your friend installed the ipad baseband to unlock.
    You can never restore to stock firmware any longer using itunes.

3. peteknopp thread starter macrumors member

that sounds a bit harsh! If I asked him to 'unlock' again but wanting vodaphone would that work, or any other ideas? Thanks

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can only restore to custom JB ipsw's from now on.
    And yes your phone will accept any carriers sims but I dont know if he told you but now also your GPS chip will most likely not function.
    You should call him and thank him:)