Unjailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moekaz8, Feb 25, 2011.

1. moekaz8 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I know this is a noob question, so please dont get mad. I recently jailbroke my iphone 4 16gb 4.2.1

I got a couple of good apps, but all I want to know is if i restore my phone back to factory settings and then restore my info and crap will the jailbroken apps remain or will they disappear after revirginzing my phone?

Thanks in advance, and i actually did search and couldnt find the solution to this question on various sites.

On a side note, is the new macbook pro worth it? im looking to purchase the 13.3" but it doesnt seem much better than the previous one. thoughts?
    once again thanks guys and sorry for my noobiness

2. iMclightning macrumors newbie

To answer your first query, restoring will delete everything on the phone...but if you have the apps in iTunes a simple sync will sync all your apps back....unless their 'pirated' apps' which you won't be able to get back.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You will not be able to use jailbroken apps on stock firmware so they will be gone and not be available to you.

4. moekaz8 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Alright thanks a lot guys I really appreciate it.
    Im not sure why but for some reason my iphone has been acting sorta slow and buggish ever since i jail broke it.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe something you installed.
    What kind of iphone, firmware version and stuff you had on it?
    The more JB addons you install the more chances are you could have got a buggy package or conflict with other JB items.

6. mpossoff macrumors 68020

My iPhone battery life hasn't been as good since I jailbroke it.

7. ZmyDust macrumors regular

ZmyDust

My iPhone hasn't been quite as good either since JB but it's nothing ridiculous. For example right now I have 1 hour 55 minutes usage time and 12 hours of standby time, 15 minutes talk time and maybe 20 text messages and lots of web surfing. Sitting at 70% battery life left. Phone is 3 weeks old. I'll take that.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It all depends what you install.;)

9. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Note that if you reset your content (via Settings in your iPhone), you will be stuck at the boot logo and will need to put the phone in DFU to restore.

This is pretty normal.. just be aware of it.

10. Sreno1 macrumors newbie

Depends

Anything you downloaded from the app store you will keep.
    ANYTHING from Installous, Cydia, Rock, Hackulous, dTunes, anything from there you will lose.
    I recently did the same, I unjailbroke my 3.1.2 to upgrade to 4.2.1 and after I did so iTunes did not trust any of my apps from Installous so I lost EVERYTHING
    But it is worth unjailbreaking to upgrade. If I were you I would just keep the 4.2.1 Jailbroken until the iTouch 5 comes out haha
    Check out my site below :)

11. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

12. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Installous is 99% pirated. No big loss.