Unjailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by VanCityScT, Aug 2, 2011.

1. VanCityScT macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I'm new here so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section.

Basically all I want to do is unjailbreak my iPhone 4 (jailbroken with Greenpois0n, firmware version 4.2.1)

After doing some searching around the site, I understand that the only way to completely remove any traces of a jailbreak is by restoring the phone and starting fresh, without using a backup, since the backup saves traces of the jailbreak such as if you changed carrier name.

I'm almost completely fine with this, I don't mind re-adding all my contacts and re-organizing my music, etc. The only thing I don't want to lose is my camera roll or all of my texts messages. Ive been saving them since way back when I got my 3G, and I don't want to lose them. I'm also not looking to export both to my computer, I just want to keep them on the phone.

I was just wondering if anyone knew, or could help me figure out, a way to unjailbreak my phone and still keep my camera roll and all saved text messages.

Sorry for the long ass post. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

nope

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

No. All images on the camera roll will be wiped out whenever you restore as new. If you really, really, really want those photos saved, it's best you back them up on your computer or some cloud based service like DropBox or something.

Backing up SMS's is tricky although I believe it's possible by going into your iTunes backup file and rooting around through it. Not 100% sure on this one but lots of people always want to save their SMS's for some reason.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You're best just to restore from a backup. There are very few things that will remain from the jailbreak and as long as you didn't change your carrier name, I'm pretty sure you won't notice, nor will anyone else.

5. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

I have done this before.

I don't remember exactly how to do it, but I did find this link:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/f127/25317.htm

oh this i only in relation to the SMS backup/transfer portion.

And you can pretty much disregard what iOS version, i think it's the same for all versions.

6. VanCityScT thread starter macrumors newbie

Guess Ill just restore from backup then. Thanks guys