Unjailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zachar1as, Aug 21, 2011.

1. zachar1as macrumors newbie

I recently jailbroke my iphone 4 on 4.3.3 using the jailbreakme website. It installed cydia which i looked at but then decided to use the redsnow jailbreak not sure on the difference but once i did the red snow when i went to get into cydia it just loaded for hours and never stopped. So now im trying to unjailbreak my phone to re jailbreak it. Ive done some reading but everyone is saying I gotta restore. I dont mind restoring because i back up my phone often but when i hit restore it says its gonna give me the newest version. If thats true ill have 4.3.5 and wont be able to jail break it. Is there any other ways. Im real new to this, a noob you could call me. Any help would be great thanks!

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

Try restoring to the firmware u want by first downloading it online some where

Second hold shift on the keyboard ,click the restore button and select your firmware

If that dont work then i don't know

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

D/l tiny umbrella and save your blobs. If you don't have the 4.3.3 blob, then you're stuck on 4.3.5 with the restore. No way around it.

4. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

if you can ssh onto you phone you can remove and reinstall cydia without restoring.

5. xidp macrumors newbie

xidp

Only way to completely delete jailbreak files is to restore your phone, better not to Restore form Backup, and after restoring Sync Apps, Contacts,Music etc.
    But you can also use SSH or iPhone Explorer to delete Cydia files on your iPhone, this won't delete everything.
    Also if you haven't got anything installed in Cydia, your iPhone will work as it isn't jailbroken.