Unjailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by beastlyxd, May 19, 2012.

1. beastlyxd macrumors newbie

Hi i jb my 5.1 ipod 4 but i dont want it anymore. I tried doing a old backup but it still jb. Everytime i wanna restore it says i have to update. DO I HAVE TO UPDATE???

2. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

If all you are wanting to do is un-jailbreak, then yes just update, this will remove the jailbreak All you apps will still there (any apps you have that are from Cydia, or any apps that are non Apple approved apps will be removed when you update/un-jailbreak).

3. beastlyxd thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont want to update. Will the jailbreak be removed if i do reset all settings and content on the ipod? Will it stay 5.1

4. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

At least on older firmware's the reset all doesn't even reset anything

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I guess so.

6. Fatboy71 macrumors 65816

Fatboy71

Sorry beastlyxd, I thought you meant in your first post that you didn't want the jailbreak anymore.

If you choose reset all settings and contents, it will basically put your iPod back to the same state it was when it was new, the jailbreak will be removed etc.

The software on the iPod will be whatever version is currently the newest. Using my iPhone for example. If I had iOS 5 on it, and I then choose reset all settings and contents, during the reset the software on it would be changed to iOS 5.1.1.

7. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

...Which should be no problem for someone who doesn't want to jailbreak :rolleyes: