iPhone Unjailbroken

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 3rdiguy, Mar 19, 2013.

1. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I just restored my iphone 5 and upgraded to 6.1.3. I had been jailbroken for a month. I loved the new things that I was able to do but really was sick of constant respringing and just general instability. I missed being able to successfully update all of my apps. I had 34 apps that I couldn't update without deleting and re downloading them. I enjoyed the speed and ability to add various tweaks that should've come stock but I enjoy a stable OS. So thanks for all the help and tips.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you had that many issues with your iPhone 5 jailbreak, then you had a bad jailbreak, incompatible hacks or piracy apps installed.

My iPhone 5 has 120 Cydia packages, it never crashes, isn't slow and works perfectly with iTunes.

3. Auxo macrumors 6502

See you tomorrow lol.

But seriously, it's your phone. If you feel that is the way to go, then fine. I for one like the stock better. But there are some tweaks that I find useful and at times I feel I wouldn't be able to use the iPhone without them. Maybe you share the same ideas?

4. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I am curious why you couldn't update your apps without deleting and redownloading them? That really doesn't make any sense to me.

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Unjailbroken

Which tweaks are handy that no one really heard of. I like the way my iPhone I'd but have the feeling of I need to keep on adding more tweaks lol.

6. 3rdiguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

My iPhone was faster with accelerate but I'd have random respringing like twice a day and you know now Im ok with it being stock. I thought it would be hellbut I'm good

7. Zord macrumors 6502

Zord

I'm with you OP. I just restored my iP5 to 6.1.3 and I'm happy I did. :)

8. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

I know I can't be content with a phone that's not jailbroken, if only because I'd lose the ability to tether with my unlimited Verizon plan.

But there are too many tweaks I find essential, like Bite SMS, No Status, Gridlock, MultiIconMover, and XBMC.

9. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

If you weren't able to update your apps that means you had pirated apps on there

10. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

you probably pirated cydia packages and appstore apps.. that explains your poor jailbreak performance

glad you went stock the jailbreak scene doesn't need pirates

11. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Pirated Apps/Tweaks update just like the paid for versions.

I dont see as this being the issue.

12. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

No they don't