Unknow CPU

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by powermi, Dec 28, 2014.

1. powermi macrumors regular

Hi folks. recenly a guy offer me his Sawtooth for a fair price. i ask about the specs and in the system CPU info seems to have been modified by someone in the past and this guy bought is as it was, cause it says 3,6 ghz. the Xbench gives 140 points to the CPU and says that the processor version is a 7400 (max) with 1MB L2 cache, and 250 MHz of Bus frequency.
    any idea of what kind of processor could be?

cheers.

2. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

There is absolutely no way a Sawtooth would be powered by a 3.6GHz Pentium 4HT, so they either took an image off a Hackintosh or photoshopped that. PPC7400 is correct, and the Sawtooth would of had a 450MHz G4 with a 255MHz Cache Bus. These do have 1MB of L2, so that is correct.

I would stick with the thought that it is just a stock Sawtooth with a 450MHz CPU.

3. powermi thread starter macrumors regular

yeah i was thinking the same.. but the benchmark scores more than my dual 1Ghz. and the actual owner bought the processor on ebay a year ago. So thats why i think it could be an aftermarket CPU.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If you open the Sawtooth, what colour is the CPU heatsink? It's the large metal block on the logicboard about the size of your fist. It may have a fan or two on it.

5. powermi thread starter macrumors regular

the heat-sink is from the original CPU, the guy just bought the chip and the card, and change them for the originals. he took a picture from the chip, but nothing write on it.