Unknown Battery Draining Issue on my Iphone4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnsonxray, Apr 27, 2011.

1. johnsonxray macrumors member

ok where should I start.
    got an at&t locked set and then shipped it back to Malaysia, with gevey sim of course, if not I wouldn't be able to use it in my country.
    the thing is, the battery is draining very fast, it was fully charged 100% and when I wake up, it has only 80+%, I've read alot, about battery life tweaks, I got 'em all on my phone.
    wifi off, BT off, Push notification off, location service off, 3g and cellular data off, spotlight search all off, auto-lock 1min, restriction off ping, off fetch new data, off new calendar alerts, games facebook notification all off..using 2G network, no background apps running, activated using SAM, any tweaks you name it, I have it
    I tried different jb tool like redsnow and snowbreeze(I'm running 4.3.2 btw) still no luck.the battery drop like madness, tried recalibrated as well.
    now I'm not sure if its this carrier lock or gevey sim thingy causing this battery drain, because I asked my friends, their factory unlocked set in malaysia based on my settings their battery will never drop more than 3% for a night, I really had no idea whats going on.
    People, please provide me your professional knowledge and solutions =(

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

When you originally set it up did you set it up as a new phone or restore from a backup?

3. johnsonxray thread starter macrumors member

4. johnsonxray thread starter macrumors member

set as new

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

The only suggestion I can think of for you is to do a complete restore. It seems like it may be a bad battery which is a bummer since I'm not sure if you can exchange it.

6. johnsonxray thread starter macrumors member

ha forgot to mention I even tried that in stock firmware, for the first thought I was wondering if its the jb that causes the battery drain, but still, the drain is there lol..well when im lucky, the battery drop less than 10%..8 or 9 if not mistaken lol

7. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Do you get good signal at home, or could your phone be searching at night?

8. johnsonxray thread starter macrumors member

not possible, signals at full bars all the time because of using 2G network only

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

What happens if you leave it on the charger all night? How does it last throughout the day?

10. kevinof macrumors 6502a

Don't know if its any use to you but my wife had here ip4 replaced ( the original, 2 months old had a mic that went bad) and the replacement ip4 would only last about 5 hours with no calls or texts. Just sitting on a desk! Apple replaced it for another new one and its back to 30 hours battery time.

Don't always assume its the software that's eating your battery.