Unknown entries on DNS and Domain list

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by funkypepper, Jan 10, 2012.

1. funkypepper macrumors member

Hello,

I am using OpenDNS. Whenever I want to delete the DNS from the DNS list under Network preferences, I get the following screen:

[​IMG]

What is pasifik.com? I've never visited this site, and I always care about the links I click. How to clear this?

I am getting worried.

2. funkypepper thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the link. I've cleared my DNS cache, reset my router so far. The instructions for clearing DHCP specified DNS servers obviously do not work for OS X Lion, because there is no such file in the specified location.

Apparently that thing is not good. Any comments?

3. GGJstudios, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're saying there is no /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/IPConfiguration.bundle/ ???
    Or are you saying there's no IPConfiguration.xml ???
    I wouldn't worry about it, as long as the DNS server numbers on the left are correct. Hopefully, you able to change them to:
    Primary DNS Server: 208.67.222.222
    Secondary DNS Server: 208.67.220.220​

4. funkypepper thread starter macrumors member

There is, but there are .lproj files and only localized string files, nothing else.

I've checked it from my iPod Touch and the domain pasifik.com also appears. I will contact Inca support tomorrow. It is clearly an issue with the router. Thanks for the help.

Yep, with OpenDNS all fine...

5. funkypepper thread starter macrumors member

Update: Figured out how to do it. Apparently I haven't dig out all the modem settings yet. I found the tab on the modem interface to do it. Now everything fine.

Thanks for the replies.