Unknown entries on DNS and Domain list

funkypepper

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Hello,

I am using OpenDNS. Whenever I want to delete the DNS from the DNS list under Network preferences, I get the following screen:

What is pasifik.com? I've never visited this site, and I always care about the links I click. How to clear this?

I am getting worried.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thanks for the link. I've cleared my DNS cache, reset my router so far. The instructions for clearing DHCP specified DNS servers obviously do not work for OS X Lion, because there is no such file in the specified location.
You're saying there is no /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/IPConfiguration.bundle/ ???
Or are you saying there's no IPConfiguration.xml ???
Apparently that thing is not good. Any comments?
I wouldn't worry about it, as long as the DNS server numbers on the left are correct. Hopefully, you able to change them to:
Primary DNS Server: 208.67.222.222
Secondary DNS Server: 208.67.220.220​

Last edited:

funkypepper

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
You're saying there is no /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/IPConfiguration.bundle/ ???

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as the DNS server numbers on the left are correct. Hopefully, you able to change them to:
Primary DNS Server: 208.67.222.222
Secondary DNS Server: 208.67.220.220​
There is, but there are .lproj files and only localized string files, nothing else.

I've checked it from my iPod Touch and the domain pasifik.com also appears. I will contact Inca support tomorrow. It is clearly an issue with the router. Thanks for the help.

Yep, with OpenDNS all fine...

funkypepper

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Update: Figured out how to do it. Apparently I haven't dig out all the modem settings yet. I found the tab on the modem interface to do it. Now everything fine.

Thanks for the replies.