Unknown Error (6)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maclovin', Aug 19, 2008.

1. maclovin' macrumors regular

maclovin'

So I downloaded and tried to install the 2.0.2 update for my iPod tonight, and it went through the regular process that I am used to, but after it extracted the firmware, it said "The iPod 'iPod' could not be restored. An unknown error occured (6). I now have the connect to iTunes thing on my iPod, and iTunes sees that the iPod is there, but says that it needs to be restored before it can be used with iTunes. This REALLY blows. Is there anything I can do, or is my iPod bricked now? I'm on vacation until September 1st, so if I don't have my iPod for two weeks I'm going to die.

2. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Put your iPod Touch into DFU Mode (instructions on YouTube) if done correctly the screen is BLACK and iTunes says it's discovered a Touch in Recovery Mode. Some people have had success changing the USB cable others HOLD Home Button as they plug it in to the computer and continue to hold through the Restore.

3. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

Well, seems I've solved my own problem. All it took was switching USB ports on my MacBook:confused: I don't know what was wrong with the other one, but the second one I tried worked.