Unknown Language(s) Shows up During Sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadgetware, Sep 12, 2008.

  1. gadgetware macrumors newbie

    Jul 27, 2008
    Plugged in my iPhone today to get the 2.1 update and as soon as I plugged it into my Vista laptop I got the usual pop up asking what I wanted to do with this USB device. Then I noticed that where it normally says "gadgetware's device", there was also a bunch of other characters in other languages. Has anyone else seen this? This was before my update so I don't think it's a 2.1 thing. I've never seen this before so I'm curious what's changed. I've attached a screen shot. The blob in the front is my photoshop work to take out the name.

    Attached Files:

  2. wsyaeger macrumors newbie

    Sep 16, 2008
    I have the same issue

    I've noticed that the characters/symbols change each time it connect the iPhone to Windows.
  3. gadgetware thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jul 27, 2008
    I'm glad someone else is seeing this. Have you had this all along or did it just start? My characters change as well. I don't know what caused it.

    Did you happen to install any of the dictionary applications?
  4. Inukami macrumors 6502

    Jul 11, 2008
  5. rsk137 macrumors member

    Sep 11, 2008
    Mine does that also. No where near as many characters as yours displays, but there is a few japanese/chinese characters after my device name. No idea what it's from, but I can only assume it's 2.1 since it wasn't like that before.
  6. wsyaeger macrumors newbie

    Sep 16, 2008
    Gadgetware: No, this just started happening after updating to 2.1. No dictionary apps installed. I actually did a full restore when updating, so my iPhone should not have had anything from pre-2.1.
  7. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

    Aug 23, 2008
    It's not ANY language, it's just random data being display...I can guarantee that.
  8. milani macrumors 68000


    Aug 8, 2008

Share This Page