Unknown Language(s) Shows up During Sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadgetware, Sep 12, 2008.

1. gadgetware macrumors newbie

Plugged in my iPhone today to get the 2.1 update and as soon as I plugged it into my Vista laptop I got the usual pop up asking what I wanted to do with this USB device. Then I noticed that where it normally says "gadgetware's device", there was also a bunch of other characters in other languages. Has anyone else seen this? This was before my update so I don't think it's a 2.1 thing. I've never seen this before so I'm curious what's changed. I've attached a screen shot. The blob in the front is my photoshop work to take out the name.

Attached Files:

2. wsyaeger macrumors newbie

I have the same issue

I've noticed that the characters/symbols change each time it connect the iPhone to Windows.

3. gadgetware thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm glad someone else is seeing this. Have you had this all along or did it just start? My characters change as well. I don't know what caused it.

Did you happen to install any of the dictionary applications?

4. Inukami macrumors 6502

5. rsk137 macrumors member

Mine does that also. No where near as many characters as yours displays, but there is a few japanese/chinese characters after my device name. No idea what it's from, but I can only assume it's 2.1 since it wasn't like that before.

6. wsyaeger macrumors newbie

Gadgetware: No, this just started happening after updating to 2.1. No dictionary apps installed. I actually did a full restore when updating, so my iPhone should not have had anything from pre-2.1.

7. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

It's not ANY language, it's just random data being display...I can guarantee that.

8. milani macrumors 68000

milani