Unlimited Data (Family Plan)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bleufire, Jul 5, 2008.

1. bleufire macrumors member

Ok, so i have been reading and trying to figure this out...

On the website at ATT they have a Family plan for 1400 Mins which I am looking at for my Fiancee and I.

What are these "Overages" with data i keep hearing people talk about? If the data is UNLIMITED then what else do i have to worry about? Do i need be careful of how long i sit on the internet with an iPhone?

I don't have an iPhone but more than likely going to be getting one shortly after launch. Thanks!

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i am not to sure what overages you have read. but yes, you do have unlimited data so you have nothing to worry about.

3. bleufire thread starter macrumors member

MR Thread

It made me think that if i wanted to play on Safari or use the GPS, am i Limited as to how much i can do so? If my plan allows 1400 VOICE (with 2 people) does that at all affect it? I would hate to live on the iphone and run the bill up or kill all my mins cause my data runs with actual VOICE minutes...

Am i making sense cause i lost myself there...?:D

4. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

That thread is talking about Canada, where Rogers does not offer an unlimited data plan, but instead caps usage at as low as 400mb. All of AT&T's data plans are unlimited, so you will be fine.

5. bleufire thread starter macrumors member

:confused:

I guess it helps to read the WHOLE article (including the first line) before comming to a conclusion! ehehe.. Thanks!

6. davidlw macrumors 6502a

You may have unlimited data but you will have to pay extra for unlimited text messages.