Unlimited Data on 1st Oct for o2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MiLK©, Sep 20, 2007.

1. MiLK© macrumors member

At the launch earlier this week, o2 announced:

Has anyone heard anything more on this? I'm going to be unlocking a US iPhone, so adding this to my existing o2 contract is very desirable.

I phoned up o2 and asked them about it yesterday, and the lady I spoke to seemed completely unaware/uninformed on anything to do with this and the iPhone. After speaking with her supervisor she claimed they would get there training on iPhone next week.

So does anyone have any more info on this unlimited data package - eg. how much it will cost?

By comparing tariffs I believe they value you it at £20 (I saw someone else post a comparison between a SIM-only o2 tarrif (without unlimited data) and iPhone tariff, and the difference was £20)

Also do we reckon that is likely to include their contract with Wi-Fi Cloud
    hotspots?

If it does include Wi-Fi then I think thats an ok deal (as long as they sort out the 30% coverage issue) but if it doesnt, then I think thats fairly steep - I beleive T-Mobile have a similar package for £7.50 ?

2. MiLK© thread starter macrumors member

Update: I went into an o2 store and the socially inept women at the till told me she knew nothing about it. She reminded me of the "computer says no" character from Little Britain. Basically anything that wasn't on her intranet couldnt possibly exist or even be conceivable lol. Seems the big cheese at o2 has announced stuff without thinking to inform his employees...