Unlimited data on AT&T iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ansabakhan, Oct 23, 2011.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

There was a loophole last year to swap your sim from iPhone 2g to iphone 4 and get unlimited 3G data ... Does the loophole still exist ?

2. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

I thought they closed the easy way of jut popping ur sim in. I think you can but just need to call in and fight a little.

3. Drewbster macrumors member

I had two old iPhone 2G's and for the heck of it two weeks ago I used one to get my dad his unlimited data plan back. He has a 3G iPhone. Just checked the bill and he still has the original iPhone 2G data plan for 20$ a month unlimited.

So I dusted off my other original iPhone and activated it last night through iTunes (the same thing I did with my dads) and now I have the same data plan, for 20$ a month unlimited.

We both have the 3G though, awaiting the 4S in the mail. It's on back order. So it's worth a try.

4. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Yes the loophole still works but it is not quite as simple as just swapping SIMs around and calling Customer Care.

Always best to do a restore as new on the original iPhone with a new Mini-SIM and follow the iTunes steps to select the correct $20 data plan which includes the 200 SMS Txt message plan. Once you get converted to the $30 iPhone Unlimited Data plan you will also have the $5 200 SMS Txt message plan unless you want a different SMS Txt plan. Note this is also a way to get the $10 1000 SMS Txt message plan as that is still an option with the iTunes activation on the original iPhone. :cool:

Here is a thread the covers the journey to the iPhone Unlimited Data plan. You will have to work for it and use iTunes. If you call, your chances of it working are quite random as most first line reps will not be able to see the feature: iPhone Data Plan + 200 Text - MMV1 ( SOC - original iPhone data plan ) even when you provide the IMEI of the original iPhone.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1124040

Dave

5. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

thanks dave!