Unlimited Data on Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iLucas, Apr 8, 2011.

1. iLucas macrumors 6502

Will Verizon stay with unlimited data for a good while?
    I plan to switch to verizon very soon since I got the message from At&t yesterday about tethering. I'm not really a "power user", i use 10-15gb a month but my tethering has been my home internet source for the past 2 years, I recently even got rid of my tv channels to use netflix a little more. And now since I will not be able to pay for the charges for having tethering as my home connection i need a new plan. I cannot get a internet provider other than hughesnet, which i had before, and it was basically unusable.

So what to do?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Verizon will do the same thing to users tethering without paying for it. And their 3G speeds are slow.
    Users Not paying for Internet at home for 2 years and using unofficial iPhone tethering for 10-15Gb per month is what got us into this in the first place.

3. iLucas thread starter macrumors 6502

Does verizon not offer tethering with their unlimited data?
    I'm more then willing to pay for their unlimted data and i bought the mywi app.
    But if i cant then it looks like my only option is to actually change where i live, haha

4. tjb1 macrumors 68000

No, tethering is not included...I have the same problem as you and I only get dialup here plus that way overpriced satellite internet and Verizon knows damn well as we have petitioned here and everything to get them to bring it up our road. Plus the Verizon tethering plan is like 2gb so thats like what...opening Google? I jb and use MyWi.