iPad Unlimited Data Plan (AT&T)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by spif91, Oct 24, 2014.

1. spif91 macrumors newbie

spif91

I've kept my fingers crossed every iPhone and iPad update each year and so far so good. My iPad Air 2 will be here today. I've had unlimited data on my iPhone's and iPad's since day one. Anyone that has the new iPad Air2 already was the option for the unlimited data plan with Att still there? Att customer service said it wouldn't be a prob but the new simcard for multiple carries in this iPad has me concerned when I set it up later today....

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No need to cross your fingers. It's tied to your account so it will be an option when you activate your new iPad and log into your ATT iPad account.

3. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

Is it possible to just remove the SIM card from your existing iPad and put it in the new one? I read the Air 2 still has a removable SIM.

4. veryangrybirds macrumors regular

swapping SIMS is not necessary anymore.

Once you login with your username and password on the Carrier Section of General Settings, you will immediately gain access to your grandfather unlimited data plan.

plus you would rather use Apple's new sim than an older sim card from your current ipad

5. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Just picked mine up from the Apple Store. I removed the sim and it doesn't indicate carrier. Is the the new universal sim?

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you bought it in the U.S., yes. It the only way Apple sells it now.

7. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

So, it will work with my unlimited att plan just the same?

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes. Just log in to your account from the cellular settings and you should be able to select your unlimited plan. Alternatively, you can go to this ATT site: https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/ and sign in and enter the info of your new iPad. But that's more work. I'd only do that if for some reason your unlimited plan doesn't show up using the iPad's cellular activation process.

9. spif91 thread starter macrumors newbie

spif91

Unlimited data plan restored without a hitch. Thnx

10. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

11. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Who has sold their AT&T UDP? Where are these fetching the best price? I'm thinking of ditching both mine now that I have the 30GB plan. In two years I've never used more than 5GB. I have a UnitePro now to see if I can start using more of my 30GB, but it would be nice to save $60/month since I don't really use these plans.

12. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i think they are going between 800-1200

13. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Worked perfectly.

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

That's insane. Any link to the "proper" procedure to transfer one of these?

I mean, I can see where one changes the email and password, and the monthly payment information. I'm wondering what the proper protocol is to transact a sale of these.

15. veryangrybirds macrumors regular

took 3 minutes to transfer my unlimited plan. just logon with your prepaid plan credentials on your new ipad air and it will be activated in a couple of minutes.

16. HPLouis macrumors regular

That's pretty much it. Contact info (name, addy, phone, etc.), then login (email addy) and password and the billing info (credit card, name and billing addy). Then it's yours.

You can do it from the iPad or the AT&T Landing page. I prefer the Landing page.

17. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yeah, but I mean if I sell it, someone sends me $1000. I send them my SIM. I give them my password so they can put the SIM in their iPad, log in, have the plan automatically transfer to their iPad, and then they can change the email, password and payment info?

What if they don't change the payment info? I guess I could cancel my card and they'd lose the plan. It just seems awkward. Would I ask them for their payment info first, and me update the plan with their email and payment info before I send them the SIM?

What about scammers? "hey, I got the SIM but the plan doesn't work" when it actually does?

18. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

actually i bought mine from someone on these forums .. he gave me the login and pass and i logged into the website and changed all the info and added a cc ... he paid for the month with a prepaid card so his cc wasn't on there .. super smooth transaction.

19. HPLouis macrumors regular

He's correct right here. They pay you and you send the SIM card. Before you send it, put a pre paid card on it to pay for the month. You instruct them to make sure that they change the password, email, contact info, billing info, etc.

Also, get one of those free emails or something for the data plan. Don't send your email and password. Get a throw away email addy

20. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

he didn't send me a sim .. i got a new sim from att .. entered the IMEI and ICCD on the website and that is all

21. HPLouis macrumors regular

Even better. That way, there will be no co-mingling of info and numbers like IMEI's etc.

22. Zeos macrumors 6502

Yep, mine went flawlessly. Went to At&T's page to update my IMEI, etc. but that turned out to be unnecessary. When I went to Cellular on my iPad, AT&T found the account and populated the account fields and transferred everything over.