Unlimited Data Sim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gmans46, Oct 7, 2011.

1. gmans46 macrumors regular

Alright so I am on my grandparents plan and we all have iPhones and unlimited data (grandfathered in). My grandfather recently passed and his plan was up. I was wondering if the sims are in any way like the iPads or am i just a dumbass because i was thinking about selling the sim card. I don't need a bunch of hate how its unethical or whatever I'm just wondering thanks.

2. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

Not quite sure what you're asking. Are you wanting to sell his old SIM? SIM cards can only ever be tied to one account, and can only be activated once. If a SIM gets activated, then deactivated, it can never be activated again. Further, whether you're eligible for unlimited data is tied to your account, not the SIM. You can swap out SIMs as many times as you want without it ever affecting your eligibility for unlimited data.

If you're looking to somehow pass on that eligibility to someone else you would have to split that line off onto a new individual account, separate from your own family account, then do a transfer of ownership of the account to the other person. The SIM has nothing to do with any of this.