Unlimited data still an option?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by leftcoast, Jun 20, 2010.

1. leftcoast macrumors member

I have two lines on a family plan that are still eligible for the unlimited data, even though only one line has an iphone that was grandfathered in. I do work for lockheed and have a 25% discount so I am wondering if maybe they are making an exception for such a large account. I was wondering if anyone else still had this option available to them thru the att premiere page?

2. dave006 Contributor

dave006

No you can't have it on both lines. Only the line that currently has any smartphone unlimited data plan will be offered the option to keep it or select one of the new plans.

If you choose one of the new plans to replace your existing Unlimited iPhone, you will not be able to switch back to it! :eek:

Dave

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Yah. Having a 'large account' doesn't have any influence on this. It's simply a plan they no longer offer. The only reason we still have it available is because if they forced us to change the plan while we are still in contract, we would be able to end our service and not be penalized with an early termination fee.

If there is another shift in technologies (like from Edge to 3G) we may have to be forced to abandon our unlimited data if we upgrade phones. Scary times.