Unlimited Data still Available for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eneisch, Jun 7, 2010.

1. eneisch macrumors 6502a

Just out of curiosity I looked on my iPad to see what data plans were available this morning (as I have not signed up for 3G service yet). The new 2 GB plan was listed, along with 250 MB plan. What I did not expect was that the unlimited plan would still be avaiable. I thought to myself that maybe this was just AT&Ts way of extending the offer until people, who recently purchased, received their iPads. I checked Apple's page and they still are showing unlimited data plan is available. Any chance that AT&T decided to keep unlimited data, if only for the iPad?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

3. eneisch thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just checked AT&Ts site. They list three plans for the iPad, including unlimited, but the unlimited plan has an asterisk with a note that the "unlimited plan is available for a limited time only". Oh well.....I thought maybe Apple put some proessure on AT&T to keep the "breakthrough" pricing for longer than a coulpe of months....

4. applegeek25 macrumors regular

applegeek25

haha I'm sure a TON of pressure was placed on AT&T last week and over the weekend. Apple knows all too well from former iPhone launches and people complaining over AT&T's service, that their iPad/iPhone sales DEPEND at least to a certain degree on AT&T's service and plan offerings.

haha looks like Apple has won Round #2

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

:confused: What did Apple win? Unlimited is gone unless you bought an iPad before midnight last night. Where is the victory?

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

It's not over until Steve has said "One more thing..." and failed to mention anything about unlimited plan extension dates versus iPad order dates.

How many lawyers from Apple and AT&T has it taken to get language like "for a limited time" established on the AT&T web site, I wonder.