Unlimited data Verizon Thread- 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sundog925, Sep 12, 2015.

1. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

How did you guys do tonight with ordering?

Reservation? Verizon site?

I have a PO BOX on file so shipping was a no go.
    Made a reservation for launch day at my local Apple Store.

Hopefully there will be no gripes about full price on launch day.

2. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I ordered through Verizon's site using the "upgrade" section with my phone, but instead of choosing the subsidized price, I chose the full price option as always. It won't change your contract if you order full priced, so I keep my UDP. 9/25 delivery.

3. sundog925 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The website only had the option for 2gb/30$ month.

No where did I see UDP. I was kinda pissed.

4. JBryan84 macrumors regular

Used the Apple Store app and pre-ordered the 64gb Space Grey, option to choose full price and keep unlimited data, delivery date set for the 25th. Easiest pre order I've ever had with apple. $40 upgrade fee which I'm not happy about, I don't remember if I've paid that in the past every time I've upgraded and paid full price.

5. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Ordered through Apple App Store for full price and it let me keep unlimited just fine.

6. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

I had issues last night where VZW did not give me the option of keeping my UDP even after selecting full retail price. I resulted in ordering directly from the Apple store to keep my UDP. Should there be any concerns when activating the phone ordered from Apple if we will be forced to change plans?

7. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

As long as your current device uses a Micro SIM you should just be able to swap your SIM into the new phone and go.

8. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

How would Verizon verify activation of the phone ordered? I tried putting in another order online however It did not let me since it picked up I had a phone ordered for replacement already.

9. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

Ordered through the Apple Store app and used another lines upgrade so I got subsidized pricing ☺️

10. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I did the same. But, there is no upgrade fee when paying full price. But, I also have two reserved in store.

11. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

I'm not sure in this case. My assumption was that you paid full price for an unlocked phone from Apple in which case you could just pop in the SIM and go. I didn't realize that the purchase had been linked to your VZW account.

12. klooney macrumors regular

Went through Apple, paid full price.....still thinking about dumping unlimited I don't use an amount of data to make it worthwhile.

13. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

ordered from apple app full price at 11:30 est this morning. Estimated delivery 9/30-10/6. show's my unlimited data plan intact

14. brandct macrumors member

I still have not been able to place my order as they are now sending it to the IT departments of both Apple and Verizon to figure out why it is asking for a deposit. Both Verizon and Apple say they do not need one but the system on Apple's website says that it does. I have a direct line of communication with a Sales Rep and she gave me her email and is supposed to keep in touch with me daily about what is causing the issue and if it is fixed. We have been wondering if my unlimited data was causing this issue but it does not appear so.

15. sundog925 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Giving up my unlimited data seems to be getting harder and harder as the years go by.

But for me, I use well more than 2GB with spotify alone, i commute long hours each week.
    Even video, youtube, HBO etc. I just like never having to think about wi-fi unless I have no cell coverage.

Ill hold onto it as long as they allow it.

Oh and not being throttled is excellent.

16. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

Oh I'm averaging about 15GB a month. I'm keeping my unlimited.