Unlimited photo storage for $12/yr for photographers

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by robgendreau, Mar 26, 2015.

1. robgendreau macrumors 68030

[Mod: don't move. I don't wanna browse bazillions of posts in the news forum that don't even know what RAW means...]

Previously only available to Prime members, now you can buy unlimited photo storage including some RAWs from Amazon for $12. Great deal...

...but it has a rather limited set of RAWs. No Olympus, for example. Seems kinda arbitrary, but whatever. You can convert to DNG and store because those are free.

Being a Prime member, I've tried this, but it's rather a mess. I couldn't find anything but the web based uploader and a little droplet kinda thing. Bleh. And not many ways to access photos, except web.

If it hand a better management front end, and say an LR exporter, and I could figure out privacy policies there, it might be cool.

Anyone using it?

2. Reality4711 macrumors 6502

Reality4711

Failure

Tried to upload one folder; 1Gb. FAILED. No explanation?

Regards

Sharkey

3. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

I value my photographs, based on these two posts I wouldn't touch it if they paid me...

4. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Currently using it to upload 2TB of DNG files. I was using Crash Plan and now going to use this.

I actually like this a lot because the DNG can be viewed on the web interface.

5. Razeus macrumors 601

6. robgendreau thread starter macrumors 68030

Some of the services seem to have an all-or-nothing feature for uploading, as Apple will have with iCloud Photo Library. Dropbox offers that but at least you can ignore it and use the folder itself for storage; Amazon doesn't have that.

I'm considering Adobe's Revel; unlimited for $6US/mo, with support for my RAWs and some other nice features.