[Unlock??] 3G 8GB 4.1 possible?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by anonymouz1828, Oct 18, 2010.

1. anonymouz1828 macrumors regular

I planned to buy an used phone from someone. He/she was on 4.0 last week and now installed 4.1 accidentaly this week. I need to UNLOCK it this week and set up with musics & apps before he leaves (he doesnot know anything about computer so I have to set up everything). Is there a way to do??

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can't unlock the 4.1 firmwares baseband. But you can jb and try running fuzzyband to see if you can downgrade the bb and then unlock with ultrasnow.

3. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

download f0recast on your PC or mac and plug your iphone in, if your boot loader is 5.8 you can use fuzzyband, if its not 5.8 you would have to wait for unlock like everyone else

4. pbateman macrumors 6502

Anyone successfully downgrade with fuzzyband from 4.1?
    I have a 3G with 5.8 loader but of the 3 times I ran fuzzyband, 2 times it rebooted in the middle of the process and went into DFU mode after rebooting, and once it successfully downgraded but just kept "Searching" for a signal and would never get a signal even after numerous reboots.
    I gave up and restored after each time and after the third time I left it alone...I wonder if anyone experience that on their 3G.

5. crawsfire macrumors member

I used it successfully. Are you sure you are using the latest version of fuzzyband?

6. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

use the latest fuzzyband, 4.1-1

7. pbateman macrumors 6502

I used 4.1..i don't believe it was 4.1.1, it was last weekend so whichever was available then in Cydia. I'll double check now...

Edit. Tried it once more..seemed ok, installed ultrasn0w and rebooted, now back to "Searching"...tried taking SIM out and back in, no help....guess back to restore now.