Unlock 3GS on 3.0.1 on BB4.26.08

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GelleCC, Jul 17, 2011.

1. GelleCC, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011

GelleCC macrumors regular

GelleCC

I just got a new iphone 3gs on fw 3.0.1 and bb 4.26.08. I would like to jailbreak and unlock it, but I am afraid to update because apple stops signing fw's. I don't have the SHSH blobs saved anywhere - Will I be able to use the newest release of pwnage tool and update to 4.3 (and have apple still sign)?

Thanks in advance,
    Corey

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

What I would do is wait until Sn0wbreeze or Pwnagetool is updated for 4.3.4 and create a custom firmware that will preserve your baseband. Restore to it and then install Cydia from Ultrasn0w. :)

3. GelleCC thread starter macrumors regular

GelleCC

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Not a problem. :)

5. samisglam macrumors newbie

helppppp!!!!!1

I had a 3gs with 4.3 iOS. i recently got it unlocked and it went back to 4.1. would and it wiped off everything from my iphone. luckily, i had a backup restored. when i tried backing it up it kept saying that i needed to update my iphone in order to restore it completly. would i be locking my phone again if i updated back to 4.3 iOS? :confused:

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you had your iPhone officially unlocked, changing the firmware won't matter because you don't depend on the jailbreak.

However, if you're stuck with a jailbreak/unlock, both you and the OP may want to check this out.

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak...ouch-using-pwnagetool-bundle-how-to-tutorial/

Haven't tried this yet but it may be useful to you.

7. samisglam macrumors newbie

i tried and now its stuck in a loop. it keeps displaying the "plug into itunes" sign. when i tried restoring it, it said the iphone wasn't eligible with the requested build.

ugh, i really need it tomorrow and idk what to do.
    :'(

8. GelleCC thread starter macrumors regular

GelleCC

Well, You might be out of luck for right now. Musclenerd (of the iphone dev team) just tweeted that they officially stopped signing on 4.3.3 due to the release of 4.3.4. Looks like you will have to wait this out until they update pwnagetool or one of the many other programs..or switch to another phone you have unlocked (if available).

9. samisglam macrumors newbie

so i cant just restore it? like make it go back to normal-without any unlock or jailbreak.

10. GelleCC thread starter macrumors regular

GelleCC

You should be able to restore it and use it with ATT but you wont be able to unlock it. If you do choose to restore it, it would put it on 4.3.4 which would update your baseband and you wouldn't be able to unlock it until the dev team cracks the most recent baseband. You should still be able to use it like an ipod touch or with ATT. It will ask you to plug into itunes and it will only make emergency calls but pop in an ATT sim (activated or unactivated) and plug into itunes (after restore) and it should "activate" the iphone. But, since you said you tried the link previously posted, I don't know what you actually did to your phone. There is a possibility that you could brick it so if you choose to restore, you do so at your own risk. Take it to someone on craigslist, they might be able to help.