Unlock 4.0.1 for Europe?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by singaporesling, Jun 4, 2011.

1. singaporesling macrumors newbie

Hey guys I'm going to on a trip to Europe tomorrow that will last about 2 months.

I have an iPhone 3GS non-jailbroken and I would like to know the quickest most noob friendly way to unlock it so I can use it with an British carrier.

iOS version: 4.0.1
    Jailbroken: no
    Baseband: 05.13.04 (I have no clue how current this is, I don't know much about basebands)

Thanks so much for any help.

2. Ponchobot macrumors member

Just jailbreak it and install ultrasn0w, simple as that. You won't have any problems and you can always restore it when you get back if you don't want to be jailbroken anymore.

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1. Open safari on your phone, type in jailbreakme.com and hit enter,
    2. follow instruction to jailbreak it.
    3. Once your phone is jailbreak, you will see a Cydia Icon on your phone.
    4. Click on Cydia, wait for it to load and update. then install ultrasn0w 1.2.3 from Cydia to unlock your phone.

With your firmware 4.0.1 and baseband 05.13, it is one of the easiest jailbreak & unlock to do, you don't even need to hook it up to computer to do it.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Easiest jailbreak and unlock... ever. You're one of the lucky ones.

For god sakes don't upgrade! If you do you will enter unlock Hell: A scary place that involves giving your iPhone's baseband a sex change and voiding your warranty! :eek:

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

For unlocking, the older the bb, the better. However, whenever you want to upgrade, you'll have to use pwnage or snowbreeze.
    LOL. Sex change is the most awesome way to describe the ipad bb.:D