unlock 4.3.3?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vhl71, Jul 4, 2011.

1. vhl71 macrumors regular

can i unlock 4.3.3 with baseband 4.10.01?
    I just bought this phone thinking i can unlock and use it on any carrier?
    Am i doomed?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. yaser1987 macrumors member

yaser1987

my friend mine as your I have tried many ways :( we have to wait :D only Gevey sim

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Return it and buy the factory unlocked phone.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You didnt research for a few minutes before your purchase?
    Your only option is the gevey turbo sim.

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

When you are talking about an unlock, you want to think baseband, not firmware! The baseband is listed under Modem Firmware in the Settings menu.

As it stands, you will have to use the Gevey Turbo SIM to unlock your phone.

7. Cozmik macrumors newbie

As has been mentioned above Gevey is the way to go. Unlocked mine that way today. Working great so far. My iPhone is also Jailbroken and has caused no problems with the Gevey.

8. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Very wise decision. Is searching that difficult? Your answer could be answered if you were to search for 1 min! I guess creating a thread uses less that 1 min.:confused:

9. vhl71 thread starter macrumors regular

understood..i just thought the unlock is available and didn't bother to check it out..i have had 2g, 3gs and 4 ..i have it unlocked for all except the ip4..(boutht that factory unlocked)

I thought its easy..obviously not..

I'll explore the grevey sim option..

10. japnam macrumors newbie

facetime activation on ios 4.3.3 with gevey ultra

how to activate facetime currently in india bought an at&t iphone4
    with gevey ultra..network working and facetime icon not showing
    ios 4.3.3 baseband 4.10.1

11. Applejuiced, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If the carrier doesnt offer the iphone and doesnt support facetime activations you cant.
    You need to JB your iphone and install Mitime. Its a FaceTime activator package on cydia for unofficial carriers.
    http://mitime.info/

12. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I don't really understand what you're trying to say. If you bought your iPhone 4 factory unlocked, why are you trying to unlock it? :confused:

13. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I would guess the OP is confused between unlocking and jailbreaking.

14. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Seems to be a common occurrence here. :p

I wish people would do their research first before jumping into something that if, handled without knowledge, could potentially damage their phone.

15. vhl71 thread starter macrumors regular

I bought an unlocked iPhone 4 for my personuse when it got released.
    That's what I meant

Now I bought a new iPhone 4 for fir a gift thinking I can unlock it easily

Anyway I was able to sell it forthw same price. These iPhones are still selling like anything

Buying a facitey unlocked phone as a gift tomorrow

16. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

If you bought it used you shouldn't have any trouble getting the price you bought it for. Although you might lose some money.

If you bought it at a store, just return it.

17. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    So with this "gevey sim," the latest Firmware/Baseband can be unlocked?

I bought an iPhone 3gs last August and at the the time, the latest firmware was able to be jailbroken and unlocked so we could use on t-mobile. It's been on Version 4.0 (8A293) / Modem Firmware 05.13.04 since. Lately the phone's been freezing up a lot. I wasn't sure how to go about restoring or upgrading the FW w/out risking losing the unlock.

Not sure if it helps but I took a screenshot of Cydia on the phone in April:
    http://twitpic.com/4gatf1

Does this mean I have all these SHSHs saved? SHSH: iOS 4.0, 4.01, 4.1, 4.2.1+, 4.3 . Could it help me with anything.

perhaps I could just restart it from scratch to whatever the latest version is that is unlockable if I have these SHSH saves? or is that not how they work?

If the phone still acts up, and I want to take it to the Apple store because it has applecare. I wasn't sure what would happen if they swap it out with a replacement 3gs because I assume it would be on the latest firmware/baseband. But if this gevey sim method works then that wouldn't be an issue

18. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

Your warranty is technically voided because you jailbroke it. Fortuantly, you will have to restore anyway to official iOS then bring it to Apple.

Anyways, if you want an unlock, here you go: http://www.techwhizz.com/unlock-iphone-4-3gs-ios-43-ultrasn0w-jailbreaking-sn0wbreeze-23b4/

Luckily, it does not require the gevey sim. Just follow the instructions.

19. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Gevey is not an option for you. Only the iPhone 4. Try restoring the phone using Sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool to create a custom IPSW to preserve your unlockable baseband.

Not only does it not require the Gevey SIM, he can't use it. Like AppleJuiced said in another thread, you should really research your shiz before you post help. A lot of your responses are half-assed or downright incorrect. I'm not trying to disrespect you personally but your information contains flaws and should not be offered as guidance on a forum. You just joined not even a month ago so I suggest you peruse the forums a little bit and brush up on your iPhone before you try and guide.

20. Rizvi1, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011

Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    Thanks for the reply. I have PwnageTool downloaded and installed on my Mac. I just need to know what exactly to do to proceed with creating my own custom .ipsw.

I think I have to download from one of the links on the iPhone | Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From page. and then do the steps in the How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.3.3] page (but instead of the 4.3.3, could/should I do 4.3.4 or 4.3.5? I need to be able to unlock to use my phone with t-mobile (unless the fw doesn't matter and it's the bb).

Also, I was wondering what this whole "hacktivation + Push Doctor Fix" vs the " real Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM) in order to "hacktivate" your phone" was all about. I read about it in this thread (link to my comment in the thread)

As far as I knew, I would just do everything with PwnageTool. That's not the case?

Note sure if it helps but attached are two screenshots of my iPhone 3gs's About Screen and the Cydia screen

Attached Files:

21. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Pwnage is perfect for creating custom firmware that preserves your bb, but AFAIK you can't use it on an iOS higher than 4.3.3. The thing about pwnage is that you'll need your blobs. If you don't have it, JB with something else. Go to iclarified to find out your options.
    If you can, have the sim the phone is locked to. That's the best way to activate your phone. Hacktivation can be error prone, but it's better than nothing. Your sim doesn't need to be active; eBay will serve you well in this regard.
    IIRC, 5.13 is an unlockable bb. However, you should always confirm/verify important info like this. If it's not, you'll have to go to the iPad bb.