unlock a found ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by karadj, Dec 16, 2008.

1. karadj macrumors newbie

ok i found an ipod touch and i cant unlock it caz i obviously dont have the computer it was originally synced to....is there anyway i can unlock it??? and i have already tried to find the owner its been 3 weeks no takers so.....

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Where did you find it?
    I just lost mine :(, but I hope its at somewhere in my house- will know for sure soon.

Anyways, if you are a good person, tell Apple that you found an iPod touch and give them the serial number, so if whoever lost it goes to the Apple Store, they can find you and you can be a good person.

However, if you don't really want to be a nice guy, just turn the iPod touch off, and hold down the home button while connecting the USB cable. (USB cable required).
    Then, the iPod will boot into Recovery Mode, and you can download the latest version of iTunes and sync it up- its yours now.
    Unfortunately, you won't be able to bring it in for repairs at the Apple Store. The Previous Owner hopefully would have notified the Store about the Missing iPod Touch along with the Serial Number, and if you brought it in, you could get screwed pretty bad.
    Good Luck!