Unlock and Jailbreak

xela24678

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2010
hey everyone,
I have an iphone 4 that I want to jailbreak and unlock. I know that there will soon be one coming out but I want to know if there will be one that can do both from the same website. for example, if I can jailbreak and unlock using spirit. if there will be or if there is one, (i doubt) can you please let me know? thanks

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
hey everyone,
I have an iphone 4 that I want to jailbreak and unlock. I know that there will soon be one coming out but I want to know if there will be one that can do both from the same website. for example, if I can jailbreak and unlock using spirit. if there will be or if there is one, (i doubt) can you please let me know? thanks
It will be two separate operations.

Run the userland jailbreak which installs Cydia
Open Cydia, let it update, then use Cydia to install/run Ultrasn0w.

Vinnie Madrox

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2009
HowELL, NJ
hey everyone,
watch http://Spiritjb.com/

after the tool is released, you will be able to unlock with an "app" in cydia, and {i'm sure}instructions will be posted

benflick

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
a question just came to me

can I take off the jailbreak but keep the unlock and vise versa
You can't be unlocked without being jailbroken, unless your phone is factory unlocked. You can be jailbroken without being unlocked, as the unlock is something you add after you jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.