Unlock Any Baseband?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FTWrath, May 30, 2011.

1. FTWrath macrumors newbie

I did some googling to try and get mine unlocked (Baseband 04.10.01) and everything points to no solution on the forums here (newer base bands).
    However I did discover the Gevey Sim but it's a bit pricey.
    One of the top results was http://www.jailbreakunlock.org they said they have unlock support for all basebands and they will gladly issue a refund if I encounter any issues. What's $10 right? Lol has anyone used this unlock tool?

I searched if it was a scam and it seems legit. Going to do some who is searching and see how long its been around.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. FTWrath thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I saw the threads which is why I mentioned that I found out about it but as I said it's a bit pricey.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

pricey is up to you! like you said no other real options out there that is if you are in the us! doesn't look like a new unlock will come out anytime soon. if you are going overseas 10-20 bucks is a steel compared to paying overseas data usage charges.

5. FTWrath thread starter macrumors newbie

That site I found on google and posted in the first thread claims to unlock all basebands (even newer basebands).. I was hoping someone had tried it and had good luck.

6. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

@FTWrath, can you point us to your research that says the original link isn't a scam? It sure looks like one.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Yes it is a scam you can find a 100+sites like this they are all scams. Only thing new that's legit is Grevey . There was some guys that figured out doing factory unlocks for $170 us. But they got stopped at least Us wise. So Grevey is The only option for I4 anything except 1.59 baseband.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sites like that are a scam.
    Don't fall for it and lose your money.

9. Shanewilliams, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011

Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Well, this is the first thing that jumped out at me on the site you mentioned. It says "Guaranteed to Jailbreak or Unlock Your iPhone or Your Money Back" then further down it says it's updated to support latest ios. In my opinion when it says jailbreak or unlock or your money back they got you. It doesn't say they can do both or your money back. It says "jailbreak OR unlock" So that will be there loophole to not refund you $10! I got a feeling all you would get would be the latest jailbreak! Which any of us here can point you to for free!

10. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Gevey sim is falling like a rock. It costs less than $10 with free shipping on Ebay. Don't tell me with that cost, you think it is still pricey.

11. foejack macrumors newbie

12. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Would I be able to use this for an iPhone 3Gs with a microSIM to SIM adapter? and is the unlock permanent or will it go away when I restore? Also, will the unlock be reversed when I remove the Gevey from the phone?

13. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Did you read the web page? :rolleyes:

14. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Please don't belittle me. I read both that webpage and Gevey's official site before posting. I thought that maybe just by some stroke of luck, someone had been able to make it work.

15. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If this had been your original post, it wouldn't have been necessary for me to ask.
    BTW, there is no such thing as luck when it comes to unlocking. Don't you think that if someone made it work for the 3G/3GS, that you'd be able to find it in a search?
    Besides, you can use the ipad unlock.

16. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Original post? I didn't edit anything, if that's what you're implying. In addition, "stroke of luck" was more of a figure of speech. Obviously if something works, it's going to work all the time and if something doesn't work, it's going to not work all the time (at least when it comes to unlocking).

I do unlocking and jailbreaking in my town as a side-job as I am a student. I do the iPad baseband a lot because people don't seem to care about the side effects to the phone when I explain them all, but it's something I would never do to my own iPhone.

17. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You seem to have misunderstood what I wrote.
    If your first post had asked if the gevey sim had been hacked to work with the 3GS, I wouldn't have posted a reply.
    By stroke of luck, I took that to mean that you wanted someone to miraculously stumble on making the gevey work for 3G/3GS. Since I haven't heard of anyone even working on such a project, that would require a vat of luck.
    Just out of curiosity. Since you seem to know about JB/unlocking, why didn't you preserve your BB?

18. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Because my current phone is a 3Gs that came with 4.1. :( Purchasing a factory unlocked 4 soon though. :p