Carrier Unlock AT&T iphone 5

zkarim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2013
I have 2 AT&T iPhone 5 which I bought of ebay recently. I am not in the US and would like to have them unlocked to use on a different carrier. Is there anyone who can help in unlocking them? I am confused with all these AT&T unlock issues and don't know who is reliable to unlock.

Col Ronson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
I am not in US. Just bought the phones from ebay and was told AT&T was thw quickest and easiest to unlock. But when the phones arrived AT&T seems to be the most difficult to unlock. Need 3rd party unlockers, or someone with a AT&T account. I am willing to pay a fee for that.
That's because The AT&T method is legal and the rest are illegal

hockeyman94

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2012
California
iPhone unlocks have gotten much more expensive since then iPhone 5s and 5c have came out. I remeber when they were only .50¢ those were the times. Haha

zkarim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2013
I don't mind paying up to a $100 to unlock. But I want someone who is honest and really going to get the phones unlocked. I paid some other unlockers and they failed to unlock after having me to wait for over 20 days.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I have 2 AT&T iPhone 5 which I bought of ebay recently. I am not in the US and would like to have them unlocked to use on a different carrier. Is there anyone who can help in unlocking them? I am confused with all these AT&T unlock issues and don't know who is reliable to unlock.

Cellunlocker.net. Have used them at least a dozen times and never a problem. Little expensive, but they guarantee their service or full refund. Easy to contact their support as well. Permanent unlock.

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
I've used Chronic Unlocks in the past.

http://chronicunlocks.com/

They currently charge $125 to unlock an iPhone 5.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
If you're not in the US and are buying American iPhones for use outside the US, it seems best to buy Verizon. They're unlocked for GSM which is most of the world's cell phone carriers. The CDMA part is locked to Verizon, but that doesn't matter much.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
If you're not in the US and are buying American iPhones for use outside the US, it seems best to buy Verizon. They're unlocked for GSM which is most of the world's cell phone carriers. The CDMA part is locked to Verizon, but that doesn't matter much.
This suggestion applies mostly to the 5c and 5s. The Verizon iPhone 5 doesn't have the same LTE bands as the GSM models.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
This suggestion applies mostly to the 5c and 5s. The Verizon iPhone 5 doesn't have the same LTE bands as the GSM models.
It will still work on a GSM network though without having to bother with unlocking. I'm sure there are places out there that don't have LTE yet where it would be fine.

2macarena

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011
Keys2iphone worked for me. I unlocked my Att 5S through them. The others on the list may also work, I can't vouch for them. Check reviews before forking up your money.

mtneer

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2012
I have an out of contract iPhone 4 locked by AT&T. I have an iPhone 5 now; and I have tried to unlock the old iPhone 4 through AT&T a couple of times - but I haven't gotten any replies to my request. Each time they gave me a reference number and made me wait indefinitely with no results.

BeeJee

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2011
Long Island/North Jersey
I have an out of contract iPhone 4 locked by AT&T. I have an iPhone 5 now; and I have tried to unlock the old iPhone 4 through AT&T a couple of times - but I haven't gotten any replies to my request. Each time they gave me a reference number and made me wait indefinitely with no results.
AT&T has unlocked 3 iPhones using my GoPhone account within a day and for free.

johnsweb

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2014
Carrier unlocking may a waste of time!

If you looking to unlock your iPhone 5 I can talk to you about my experience.

I requested my iPhone 5 unlocking code several times to T-mobile, though I met all the criteria I was told it could take as long as 20 days for the unlocking. I then waited for 23 days and when the email with the instruction - it didn't work!!!

I paid to http://www.UnlockCode4U.com and got an email within 3 days with instructions and IT WORKED!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.