Carrier Unlock AT&T iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zkarim, Dec 24, 2013.

1. zkarim macrumors newbie

I have 2 AT&T iPhone 5 which I bought of ebay recently. I am not in the US and would like to have them unlocked to use on a different carrier. Is there anyone who can help in unlocking them? I am confused with all these AT&T unlock issues and don't know who is reliable to unlock.

2. zkarim thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not in US. Just bought the phones from ebay and was told AT&T was thw quickest and easiest to unlock. But when the phones arrived AT&T seems to be the most difficult to unlock. Need 3rd party unlockers, or someone with a AT&T account. I am willing to pay a fee for that.

3. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

That's because The AT&T method is legal and the rest are illegal

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think the 3rd party unlockers now charge around $100 per unlock.

5. hockeyman94 macrumors regular

iPhone unlocks have gotten much more expensive since then iPhone 5s and 5c have came out. I remeber when they were only .50¢ those were the times. Haha

6. zkarim thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't mind paying up to a $100 to unlock. But I want someone who is honest and really going to get the phones unlocked. I paid some other unlockers and they failed to unlock after having me to wait for over 20 days.

7. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Cellunlocker.net. Have used them at least a dozen times and never a problem. Little expensive, but they guarantee their service or full refund. Easy to contact their support as well. Permanent unlock.

8. the caveman macrumors 6502

Wow this is insane. 150 to unlock iPhone. Two months ago it was like 50.

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

And two months before that it was $2.99. Really kicking myself for not unlocking my 5S when I got it.

10. zkarim thread starter macrumors newbie

11. mr99 macrumors 6502a

Does anybody have any info on freeiphoneunlocker.blogspot.com?

12. gaanee macrumors 6502a

13. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

24 months or if you upgrade your previous att phone is eligible for an unlock.

14. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

I've used Chronic Unlocks in the past.

http://chronicunlocks.com/

They currently charge $125 to unlock an iPhone 5.

15. jsamuels macrumors member

I used Chronic Unlocks to unlock an ATT 5s with success. A little expensive, and I was concerned as expedited service too an extra couple of days, but when I put in my Tre Italy sim, I was blessed with an unlocked phone.

16. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

If you're not in the US and are buying American iPhones for use outside the US, it seems best to buy Verizon. They're unlocked for GSM which is most of the world's cell phone carriers. The CDMA part is locked to Verizon, but that doesn't matter much.

17. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

This suggestion applies mostly to the 5c and 5s. The Verizon iPhone 5 doesn't have the same LTE bands as the GSM models.

18. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

It will still work on a GSM network though without having to bother with unlocking. I'm sure there are places out there that don't have LTE yet where it would be fine.

19. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Ah, well, if LTE isn't a concern...

20. 2macarena macrumors newbie

2macarena

Keys2iphone worked for me. I unlocked my Att 5S through them. The others on the list may also work, I can't vouch for them. Check reviews before forking up your money.

21. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I have an out of contract iPhone 4 locked by AT&T. I have an iPhone 5 now; and I have tried to unlock the old iPhone 4 through AT&T a couple of times - but I haven't gotten any replies to my request. Each time they gave me a reference number and made me wait indefinitely with no results.

22. BeeJee macrumors 6502

AT&T has unlocked 3 iPhones using my GoPhone account within a day and for free.

23. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

i just filed a request with AT&T to unlock my iPhone 5s. lets see what happens.

24. johnsweb macrumors newbie

Carrier unlocking may a waste of time!

If you looking to unlock your iPhone 5 I can talk to you about my experience.

I requested my iPhone 5 unlocking code several times to T-mobile, though I met all the criteria I was told it could take as long as 20 days for the unlocking. I then waited for 23 days and when the email with the instruction - it didn't work!!!

I paid to www.UnlockCode4U.com and got an email within 3 days with instructions and IT WORKED!