Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bestinclass68

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2015
STL
I had to reset my apple watch when the number 8 quit working on the unlock screen.Anyone else have that problem?

shayneox

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2015
Songtan South Korea
Not had that same issue, but something close...woke up one day and put watch on , and the screen would not stay on long enough to enter the pin ,it would light up , then go off after one second....a hard reset (crown and side button) hold did the trick...not happened again since....knocking on wood.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
Not had that same issue, but something close...woke up one day and put watch on , and the screen would not stay on long enough to enter the pin ,it would light up , then go off after one second....a hard reset (crown and side button) hold did the trick...not happened again since....knocking on wood.

Same thing happened to me a few days ago, with the same solution.

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
How come you guys dont use your iPhone to unlock your Apple watches?

probably because the whole point of having the watch is so that I don't have to take my phone out of my pocket. Whats the point of having my phone in my hands, unlocking it and then looking at the notifications on my watch???

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
probably because the whole point of having the watch is so that I don't have to take my phone out of my pocket. Whats the point of having my phone in my hands, unlocking it and then looking at the notifications on my watch???

Uh, you only need to unlock your phone once?

- put on watch
- unlock phone which unlocks watch
- lock phone
- watch stays unlocked as long as it's on your wrist.

I do this every morning. Takes 5 seconds.

Reactions: AppleWes

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Uh, you only need to unlock your phone once?

- put on watch
- unlock phone which unlocks watch
- lock phone
- watch stays unlocked as long as it's on your wrist.

I do this every morning. Takes 5 seconds.

Exactly. That's the way I do it, too. When I get up, I put my watch on my wrist. Then I take my iPhone 6 Plus off the charging dock, unlock it with TouchID and go on about my day. The process takes seconds, as you say.

Reactions: AppleWes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.