Unlock Code for PAYG-Activated iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zainjetha, Aug 12, 2008.

1. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Hi

I have an iPhone Original (8GB) which is activated legally and fully legitimately with an o2 SIM and has not been jailbroken/unlocked or used by any other means illegitimately or against Apple's policy.

If i call up o2 and ask for an unlock code for it would they provide me with one as they do so with other Pay & Go handsets? As i see it, it is no different to any others and I have not been informed by them that it is any different to any other Pay & Go handset. (I am and will play the ignorant here with o2) Will they fall for it?

Let's hope i can pay £15 and receive an unlock code!
    Fingers crossed!!

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

maybe, but its too early to tell, as the earliest this could be done is in march 2009, as the contract is 18 months

3. zainjetha thread starter macrumors 6502a

or lets say i buy an iPhone on contract and buy out the contract early (pay for the entire 18 months service) in a single block?? Then could i demand an unlock code?? I really want a legitimate iPhone unlocked.. Sadly im not french and dont have a french address so im stuck...

4. samab macrumors 6502a

You can demand them to call you the Queen of England.

There is no UK law that requires them to give you the unlocking code.

5. philgilder macrumors 68000

why not give o2 a call, and ask for a manager straight away, as the normal drones on the phone will know nothing about it