Unlock for baseband 5.14.02 wont work

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mostwantd, Oct 15, 2010.

1. mostwantd macrumors newbie

hi there i recently bought an iphone 3gs with ios 4.1 firmware
    i searched all over the net and jailbroke my phone on Monday using greenpois0n. Then i tried to unlock the phone using ultrasn0w on cydia, but it just said searching. Now i know that there is no current method of this baseband being unlocked. but is there a way to downgrade the phone to get the baseband back to normal? and also if not that. i read that chronic dev team might come out for an unlock for it before ios 4.2 comes out in november, but when would that be? ios4.2 is supposed to fix this problem but isnt there any other options to getting it done sooner
    THX :)

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

No unlock for 5.14 baseband. As to when, only the people working on it knows. Last rumor was when 4.2 firmware is release. Your only option is to wait.

3. mostwantd thread starter macrumors newbie

And is there any info on a release date for that? Also when that comes out and I update it. Wouldn't I lose my jailbreak for the phone

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

It'll be out when it's out. :) The folks working on it aren't paid so they do what they can.

You wouldn't loose your jailbreak per se, as you need to jailbreak to be able to unlock, so the same team would first have to work on jailbreaking 4.2, then unlocking the 5.14.02 baseband.