Unlock for Iphone 4 - 04.10.01

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by candn14, Nov 1, 2011.

1. candn14 macrumors newbie

I am currently running my AT&T Iphone 4 04.10.01 unlocked using a Gevey Sim here in Denmark!

I was wondering if or when there will be an actual physical unlock for this Iphone version?

As i would like to be able to upgrade to the new 5 firmware and just have the Iphone unlocked to use worldwide.

Thanks ;)

2. toiday macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure the gevey people are working hard to get a newer sim that works with iOS 5 consistently. I've seen people try to use the existing gevey sim with iOS 5 but they say they have to try several times to get it to work. Also they have to preserve the 4.10.01 firmware. I'll stay with the current iOS for now.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

A physical unlock like a factory unlock can only be provided by the carrier that the iphone is locked to.
    If you're talking about a software unlock like ultrasnow not even sure if they're working on it, when or if it will happen.
    About gevey I believe you can update to 5.0 using Tinyumbrella or a custom IPSW to maintain your baseband so you can still continue to use the gevey sim.
    If you update to official 5.0 then you will lose the gevey option too and wont be able to go back down to an unlockable baseband so be carefull.

4. candn14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies.

I may just wait it out for the time being!

AT&T still not really unlocking Iphone 4's are they?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, and I doubt they will anytime soon.