Unlock for my iPhone 4.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BlindSoul, Mar 10, 2011.

1. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

Hello.

I got an iPhone 4 baseband 02.10.04 and i'm already 3 Months without getting calls, and I've heard that if I change my baseband with Redsn0w to the old iPad's baseband 06.15.00 then i will be available to unlock it.
    Now i've been wondering if it's really true and what the consequences of doing that.

Also, Why does everyone curse MuscleNerd on twitter lately? o_O

Thank you very much! :)

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

The iPad baseband option is only availble for 3G and 3GS users.

No one in their right mind would think of cursing @Musclenerd for not delivering a free service at the time most convenient to them - they are all bastards of Gadaffi.

3. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the information.
    So you're using they curse and spam him because he keeps delaying the i4 Unlock? If so they're toally idiots... Are they aware to the fact he's doing that for free?!

4. eastercat, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Some people act like CEOs. They have a sense of entitlement. Because it'd be too much trouble for them to journey to Canada or another country that sells factory-unlocked phones. :rolleyes:

5. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

These kind of posts drive me nuts. Why on earth would you shell out $500+ for a phone and then use it as nothing but an iPod Touch?

If you need to use the damn phone, you have only one option. Well, actually, 2. First you can use a prepaid SIM from either AT&T or one of the MVNOs (H2O, for example). Not the cheapest option for some, but it works, no jailbreak or any other hacking/tweaking required.

Secondly, sell your locked iP4 and get yourself a factory unlocked model. It will cost significantly more, and I'd question whether it was worth it with iPhone 5 looming so close on the horizon.

Those are your choices unless (and until) an unlock is released for iP4 basebands 2.10.01 and beyond.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

LMAO:D
    That made me laugh.

7. BlindSoul, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Dude, Seriously if i would know it would take me 3 months i would do everything to get it from Canada. I didn't know it would be so complicated, I was a noob with such things... Before this Unlock others unlocks were released so simply... Could take them like a month maximum...
    Now if i will sell my iPhone 4 on eBay i might be able to sell it for $500 max and then what? >.>