Unlock Fusion Help!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snook911, Sep 26, 2012.

1. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I paid for the unlock and got the mail. I went to the IMEI checker and it said my phone was unlocked but I don't get the message when I restore in iTunes. Can you restore from your back up or do you have to do a fresh restore to get the message? Thanks to anyone who responds.

2. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. snook911 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It does say its unlocked on that website but it said that even before I tried to restore. I am thinking about trying to sell it and then re purchase so I wanted to make sure it was unlocked. Thanks for your help.

5. albert1028 macrumors 6502

You could always just go into Tmobile and because they don't have nanosims yet, you could just purchase a prepaid for cheap to test, if you really want to be sure!

6. monkeydodo3 macrumors member

Don't do this. Just plug in a T-Mobile SIM to check. That would just be useless and would be a waste of money. 1/2 of the time, iPhones are unlocked but they don't get the message in iTunes. If you really want to check the IMEI, pay for an IMEI check from unlock fusion. The best way would be to just plug in a T-Mobile micro SIM though.

7. snook911 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I already paid unlock fusion for the unlock why would I pay them for a IMEI check. I have an iPhone 5 so the tmobile sim won't work. Plus I really don't have access to one. Its been a long time since I did a full restore so I don't remember do you haveto download the OS before you can restore. I have a very slow connection at home and that could take all night.

8. albert1028 macrumors 6502

Tmobile sim does work. You just have to manually cut it down from microsim to nanosim. It only cost around $20 to check it, nothing if you consider how much an unlocked phone is to have peace about it and be sure. It does have to donwload the OS unless you previously downloaded to install your other iOS devices.

9. monkeydodo3 macrumors member

This. You have to cut down the micro SIM to the size of a nano SIM and also sand it down a little. Here's a guide:
    http://www.iclarified.com/24489/printable-nanosim-and-microsim-cutting-guide-download

10. snook911 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys. I cut down a tmobile sim card I had from a hot spot my wife put through the wash last week. Guess I'll need to get a new sim when I get a replacement hotspot. The card is still active so when I put it in the phone switched over and said it needed to be activated. I activated it and tmobile showed as the carrier on edge. Which is why I won't switch to tmobile yet in my area. Took a snap shot of it so I can post the pics along with a snap shot of at&t logo on the ebay sale. Thanks again.

11. monkeydodo3 macrumors member

Gratz on your unlocked iPhone 5 then sir. :D

12. Chrigel macrumors newbie

I had it unlocked from applenberry.com, restored it and the Congratulation page came up. Then I just restored from my most recent backup. No problem at all. Amazing!

Still don't know how they can do an IMEI unlock. Do they work at ATT???

13. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

With my iphone 4 I never got the congratulations message when restoring from an old backup..... recently when I restored as new phone because I wanted to sell it... I got the message.

14. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

Back it up. Then restore as new. Then restore from backup. I was confused as well.

15. BSoares macrumors regular

I had my old iPhone 4 unlocked by AT&T and did the restore from backup. No message. Then restored as new. No message. Finally did another restore from backup and no message. Before telling AT&T they messed up I tried with 2 foreign SIMs and they both worked fine. So never got the message but phone was unlocked fine.