Unlock help 05.09

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mikalh78, Jul 2, 2010.

1. mikalh78 macrumors regular

I'm on a carrier that needs the phone to be unlocked but i found out that my bootloader is 05.09. Can I downgrade the bootloader or should i upgrade back to iOS4?

2. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

If you are on 3.1.3, jailbreak with Spirit, and unlock with Ultrasn0w. Bootloader doesn't have any effects on unlocking at this point.

3. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't Pwnage or Redsn0w for JB be easier if on a 3G? Then ultrasn0w. I only say that because that is what I have (3G) and from what I read there have been problems with spirit. Just wondering is all :)

Matt

4. mikalh78 thread starter macrumors regular

redsn0w works great. but i keep on getting Invalid SIM error. does this mean that I lost my unlock?:(

5. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Did you add and install Ultrasn0w in Cydia? Redsn0w doesn't unlock.

6. mikalh78 thread starter macrumors regular

Yupp I added the repo for saurik and ultrasn0w. then i searched for ultra and installed it. rebooted and it said invalid SIM.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You didnt do something right.
    What kind of iphone are you using and on what firmware?
    You have to tell us that first before any other question.
    Bootloader doesnt say much.

8. mikalh78 thread starter macrumors regular

i was on 3.1.2 then accidentally upgrade to 4.0 then downgraded to 3.1.3. i have the iphone 3g 8gb.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Update again to official 4.0 and then use redsnow to jb and ultrasnow thru Cydia to unlock.

10. mikalh78 thread starter macrumors regular

i did that last nite, officially upgraded to 4.0 then used redsn0w to jailbreak it. and its so slooow having iOS4 on the 3G. i tried to unlock it after it had been jailbroken but nothing. so today i downgraded to 3.1.3 and user cellular data network it says "SIM not provisioned"?

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes 3G models will be slow with 4.0 especially if u enabled multitasking thru redsnow then forget it:)
    Not sure what u did but try a restore again and rejb and unlock again. Unless there's something wrong with your sim.

12. mikalh78 thread starter macrumors regular

i think it may be my SIM because i used the card in my fiancées phone that is locked to Bell but it keeps on saying Emergency only.

13. mikalh78 thread starter macrumors regular

so its my SIM card. my fiancee is currently using the phone because her phone is dead and we are ordering a charger. i compared my sim to her's and mine was scratched to s*** down the middle of the gold part.