Unlock Help: iPhone 4 - 5.0.1 - 04.11.08

chrisvanhorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Kalamazoo, MI
Hello,

I have an iPhone 4 which I thought I could unlock using some "react0r" guide I found on the Internet but it turned out that it didn't work.

I should have done my research... however, I didn't research enough.

Please... if anyone can assist me in helping me find a reputable resource as how to "downgrade my baseband" to one that will be SOFTWARE unlockable somehow, it would be greatly appreciated.\

However, if my only option requires the use of a Gevey Sim, please tell me how I would take that route instead.

If anyone is confident that I'm screwed and I have to wait... please let me know also.

Thanks a lot,

Chris

ninjaw95

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
Hello,

I have an iPhone 4 which I thought I could unlock using some "react0r" guide I found on the Internet but it turned out that it didn't work.

I should have done my research... however, I didn't research enough.

Please... if anyone can assist me in helping me find a reputable resource as how to "downgrade my baseband" to one that will be SOFTWARE unlockable somehow, it would be greatly appreciated.\

However, if my only option requires the use of a Gevey Sim, please tell me how I would take that route instead.

If anyone is confident that I'm screwed and I have to wait... please let me know also.

Thanks a lot,

Chris
no options for you. Gevey is working on 4.11 so be patient

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
no options for you. Gevey is working on 4.11 so be patient
Just be aware, the sim interposer manufacturers have been working on a 4.11.xx solution for some time.
It may not be successful.

Unless you like having a paperweight, I recommend you sell that phone, do your research first and buy one you can unlock.

chrisvanhorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Kalamazoo, MI
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have no downgrade options at all when it comes to the baseband? I really need to make sure I have zero options before I do anything serious like try to sell it.

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have no downgrade options at all when it comes to the baseband? I really need to make sure I have zero options before I do anything serious like try to sell it.
No options regarding downgrading baseband. Can't be done.

ninjaw95

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
Just be aware, the sim interposer manufacturers have been working on a 4.11.xx solution for some time.
It may not be successful.

Unless you like having a paperweight, I recommend you sell that phone, do your research first and buy one you can unlock.
well thats what it says at AppleNBerry, but you seem to be right.