Unlock help to Oslo please

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MiraOslo, Aug 26, 2011.

1. MiraOslo macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a strange problem with my 3GS 4.3.3. bb 6.15.00

I jailbroked and unlocked (switced to 6.15) without a problem, no lost of GPS or anything.
    I did that 2 moths ago in Norway were I live.
    For the moment I'm in Frace, and the minute I landed the phone didnt have network anymore. I searched for carriers and found 3 (Orange, Bougyes and SFR), the ONLY network that worked was Bougyes, I had full signal and all, BUT I couldnt call/recive or sms. Internet gps and all still works.
    I rebooted, reintalled both ultrasn0w and Carrier Reset fix (cydia.pushfix.info) numbres of times, and still didnt work. Everytime i reinstall ultrasn0w it says "Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network"
    I thought maybe the phone was confused using a norwegian sim card (Lebara) and choosing another carrier cause of the country, so yesterday I bought a sim card (Orange). And still nothing worked.. It says no network at the corner. Through General --> About it finds both Lebara and Orange in Carrier when using/changing the simcards..
    What can be wrong?

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Try restoring to custom firmware and re-installing ultrasn0w.

3. MiraOslo thread starter macrumors newbie

How to I do that with the 6.15.00 baseband? Like restore all again? Re-jailbreak and stuff? Cause I dont know how to rejailbreak.. And by doing that, is it possible that I can loose the GPS? Cause I didn't from the upgrading to 6.15..
    Thx in advance

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Your GPS is gone, you're just getting a less accurate GPS signal from the cell towers.

Create a custom firmware with either Snowbreeze or Pwnagetool depending on what OS your computer runs and then put the iPhone in pwned DFU state using one of the two aforementioned programs and then shift+restore to the custom IPSW with iTunes.

5. cheme75, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

cheme75 macrumors newbie

never saw a lebara provider in Oslo. I unlocked 3gs on 06.15 in Oslo, activated with SAM - used Telenor kort & kontact and did quite a bit of traveling. For every country they had service or a partner, I got a sms message about the costs - I used very little but had no issues when I did, although I rarely used voice, mostly just txt. So not sure what your problem could be - maybe turn on data roaming.

fwiw - I used an O2 payandgo SIM in the UK with no issues swapping SIMs - I am still on 4.1 so that could be the issue - you may want to downgrade to 4.1

also adwadeee is correct GPS is toast - you just get cell/wifi triangulation - you can get motionx lite from app store for free and try to use it just with gps and I bet it fails, switch to triangulation and it will work - so navigation is not perfect but gets close for most things.

6. MiraOslo thread starter macrumors newbie

GPS gone? From coming to France? Cause I didnt have any problems with my GPS in Norway with the 6.15.00 with or without Wifi.

I will try to switch to 4.1 if it works..
    Thanx for ur help:)