Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Since I installed iOS 9.2.1 I am having the following weird behavior with my iPad Pro and the Apple Smart Keyboard. If I turn on the device by pressing any key in the keyboard I will go straight into the unlock numeric keypad, to start typing my PIN, 80% of the time that works fine, nonetheless 20% of the time after turning on the device if I press any of the key to enter the PIN number nothing will happens, it's like the keyboard is dead, I have to unlock it via the touch screen. Then after the loggin in, the Command+Tab key combination to switch apps will not work, the keyboard will work fine for typing but not the Command+Tab. The only way to fix the problem is by disconnecting the Smart Keybaord and reconnecting it again. It never happened to me with iOS 9.2. Any thoughts or previous experience? Thanks

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
Yeah, I finally just got mine - on order for 45 days what a joke - and I'm noticing strange behaviour. Sometimes it's very hard to turn off caps lock. Sometimes I can input my password on waking from sleep but most of the time...not. I thought these keys would be backlit. I thought there would be sound and brightness controls....not. Man, this thing is really frakking expensive. Oh, and sometime a key press sound will come over the speakers...but only when I press the shift key. What sense does that make? Don't' get me wrong it's serious high quality like you'd expect from Apple....it could just be better and less buggy. Also, after updating to 9.2.1 I got an on screen message saying I could press command-H to go to Home screen - but never works - and command-space bar too search, which does work, and one other thing I forgot and can't seem to find any tutorial at all. And apologise for one paragraph but it's absolutely impossible to put the cursor anywhere in this message to edit it - the cursor will not move from its end position. Extremely frustrating. Aargh!!!!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Also, after updating to 9.2.1 I got an on screen message saying I could press command-H to go to Home screen - but never works - and command-space bar too search, which does work, and one other thing I forgot and can't seem to find any tutorial at all. And apologise for one paragraph but it's absolutely impossible to put the cursor anywhere in this message to edit it - the cursor will not move from its end position. Extremely frustrating. Aargh!!!!

To go home, try shift+command+H. If that doesn't work try another modifier combo -- it's command, something else, and H.

As for cursor not moving, I've had that behavior happen on my Windows computer in internet Explorer. I think it's a glitch with the macrumors posting interface, not a bug with the Apple Keybaord cover. Try quitting Safari and reloading.

Btw, I'm using the Magic Keyboard with my iPP, and sound and brightness controls work. To me, it's a better deal than Smart Keyboard, but then, I only use the keyboard with my iPP when sitting at a desk.

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Any news with the latest Beta version of iOS 9.3 Beta 3 if it solved the problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.