Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phaseturtle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I have an AT&T iPhone 3G :apple:. I had it unlocked for 02 which i am on and jailbroken on the previous software - i was informed i could do the same on iOS4. I upgraded my iPhone to find the 'slide for emergency' screen :mad:. I need a way to get into springboard so i can jailbreak and then unlock it with ultrasn0w. Help much appreciated :)

oplix

Suspended
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
the best way to do it is to download the official IPSW from Apple and use Pwnagetool to create a custom IPSW from which you then restore your iPhone. Pwnagetool can be found from the Devteam website and so are the instructions.

I wouldn't recommend upgrading a 3G to 4.0 though as it slows it down even more than it already is.

Personally I like redsn0w (latest beta supports iOS 4 official release). I installed official iOS 4 through iTunes, load up redsn0w, point it at the official IPSW and let it rip. It won't overwrite your data (photos, music, etc.) and you will have Cydia in place once its finished. Load up Cydia and search for ultrasn0w for the unlock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.