Unlock iPhone 3gs for T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cheekerman, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Cheekerman macrumors newbie

Jan 8, 2012
    I have an iPhone 3gs 5.0.1 model mc136ll and i need to unlock it for tmobile. Is that possible? I tried for a few hours last night but everything i came across said this phone was made after the 35th week of 2011 because of the model number. But that is impossible because my brother has had the phone for over two years. So i guess my first question is if it is possible and if it is, then how do i do it? Thanks guys.
  2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Dec 22, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    1. Look at the 3rd digit (year), 4th and 5th (week) of serial #s of the iphone and see when it was made. I will be more conservative and look at week 30th because that what I hear.

2. Understand what the consequences of an Ipad baseband on an Iphone. That is how you will be able to unlock this phone. See the following link for this info directly from the dev team.

3. Once you still really want to do it, then visit iclarified.com to get step by step tutorial on how to do it.
  3. Cheekerman thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 8, 2012
    thanks i still want to do it but on iclarified i dont have the right baseband that the tutorials tell me i need to have. is this something that i should be doing myself if ive never done it before?
  4. applemessiah macrumors member

Jul 8, 2011