Unlock iphone 3gs on 4.3.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by selbyftw, Apr 4, 2011.

1. selbyftw macrumors newbie

Hey guys I currently have an iphone 3gs on 4.2.1 jailbroken and unlocked with ultrasnow through cydia, im on ipad basband 06.15.00, I was wondering could i use snowbreeze 2.5 to update to a custom 4.3.1 firmware and use the baseband preservation mode to stay on 06.15.00 and be able to unlock on 4.3.1 via ultrasnow? I know that ultrasnow doesn't work on 4.3.1 stock frimware but is it possible to do the way i've just stated, want to go up to 4.3.1 for some of the fetures but can't afford to lose my unlock! Thanks guys!

2. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    I'm on a similar boat w/ my wife's iPhone 3gs that she's using on t-mobile. We can't lose the unlock either. But her FW is older than yours - it's Version 4.0 (8A293) / Modem Firmware 05.13.04

I thought I saw a tweet from musclenerd yesterday saying a new ultrasn0w that works with 4.3.1 is coming? I'm hoping this means I can finally upgrade to latest FW and then JB and unlock because her phone is acting up and maybe that will fix that. If it doesn't, I'll have to take off the jailbreak/unlock, put an AT&T sim in and take to the apple store for them to look at. If they swap out the phone then I'm hoping I'll be able to JB and unlock whatever replacement 3gs they give me.

3. selbyftw thread starter macrumors newbie

Well aprently if you update to the ipad basband 06.15.00 and use snowbreeze 2.5 to update to a custom firmware, you can unlock on 4.3.1, im gonna give it a go and just hope to god it works !!

4. selbyftw thread starter macrumors newbie

Phones ****ed, can't get signal on it even though im on custom 4.3.1 firmware and i have the ipad 06.15.00 baseband, ffs

5. selbyftw thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    ^ with the latest ultrasn0w out, do I still have to do the steps you just did if I want to update to latest firmware and unlock? I don't want to lose my GPS though