Unlock iPhone 4 4.3.5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mashinhead, Nov 6, 2011.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I just want to know the clearest, easiest way to do this. I have been googling for days and I can't find a clear solution, all I get is hard to read instruction pages that take me to page after page to download stuff with really no clear instructions.

I tried Pwnage Tool and everything works except when i try to restore my custom ispw. I get an error in iTunes saying the device in ineligible for the custom build.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

gevey sim! is your option! to unlock done. btw if your trying to downgrade you need shsh blobs. this is the most common reason people get device in ineligible for the custom build.

3. Boogsephine macrumors 6502

You need the Gevey SIM. I'm on an iPhone 4 with the same firmware and the Gevey works just fine. Only 1 of the basebands for the iPhone 4 is software unlock-able and that was from the first release of the phone.

So yea, Gevey all the way.

4. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

how exactly does the gevey sim work? Do i have to jailbreak first? Using what method?

5. Boogsephine macrumors 6502

4.3.5 does not have a tethered jailbreak yet so I would highly recommend against doing that if you're just looking to unlock the phone.

You buy the Gevey SIM, put your SIM card on top of the little circuit board that goes in the Gevey SIM tray, put it in your phone and follow the instructions. It takes ~2 min total from pressing the power button for the phone to be unlocked and usable with another carrier.

No, you do not need to jailbreak the phone if you use the Gevey Ultra.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You do have to dial the equivalent of 911. If you've read the instructions, this won't be a problem.