iPhone Unlock iPhone 4 IOS 5.1.1 baseband 04.12.02

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nister4, Sep 7, 2013.

1. nister4 macrumors newbie

Hello. I bought this used iphone 4 from friend with ios 5.1.1 and baseband 04.12.02, jailbroken with Cydia. This guy used it with Vodafone carrier (Spain) it always worked well, but now I want to use it with another carrier, and the phone seems to be locked. Didin't had a chance yet to try again with his SIM to check if it's a general problem or just mine. On the phone display in the upper corner it's switching from "serching..." to "no service" and so on.
    What can I do?

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

That BB cannot be software unlocked or downgraded.

The only options you have is request the carrier to unlock it or purchase an IMEI unlock online from the greymarket, check the IMEI thread on this forum for suitable unlock service

3. nister4 thread starter macrumors newbie

hey, thanks for your fast answer.

the problem is that the carrier refuses to unlock it on the reason that it's still under contract.
    I just tried the original (vodafone) carrier sim (wich used to work because it's the same tht my friend used), and now it doesn't work. is it normal? in other words, now no carrier works on the phone, even the original Vodafone.

p.s. could you point me to the IMEI thread, I can't find it :confused:

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

6. nister4 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Activate yes, if the som is in active it will not function as phone though

----------

It should work when put back in then

8. iAmFree macrumors newbie

I updated my iOS to 7.0.3 and upgraded the baseband to 4.12.09 so it was just an iPod. Then I downgraded to iOS 5.1.1 and jailbreaked, installed the SAMPref and unactivated (the original network was Hutchison UK) through the normal method. It doesn't unlock but wait, this surprised me!!!

Installed iTunes 11.1.3.8 latest and downloaded ipsw 7.0.4. Put the phone into pwndDFU and restored the 7.0.4 stock via iTunes. After the restore iTunes prompted me something I'd never seen before, "a carrier update is available...do you want to apply the update...?" or something similar. I applied the update and VOILA!!!! I'm now using my SIM after one month of 'no service' thinking if it's worth paying $90 for the unlock

9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

The carrier update file is jus a settings update, it does not unlock your phone.

What phone and which previous method did you use to unlock?