Unlock iphone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kingoftherolex, May 26, 2012.

1. kingoftherolex macrumors member

Longtime lurker, first time poster.
    I've recently jailbroke this iPhone 4 with the Absinthe 2.0.1 jailbreak tool. And I'm wondering what are my options, if any, to be able to unlock this to use it with T-Mobile. the baseband is 4.12.01.
    any and all help is appreciated. thanks.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If it's an AT&T phone call up AT&T and get them to unlock it.

3. kingoftherolex thread starter macrumors member

I tried that, but since the iPhone 4 was released in July of 2010 it hasn't been two years yet and they refused to unlock it.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Are you planning on paying for service on both carriers until the two years is up? If not once you pay the ETF they'll unlock it for you. Otherwise it's only a couple of months to go so I'd recommend just waiting, I don't think there are any hacks around that will unlock the iPhone.

5. kingoftherolex thread starter macrumors member

I'm currently on ATT but I picked up an iPhone 4s and thats what I'm using now. but i was trying to pass the iPhone 4 on to a friend who could get some use out of it. and no, I'm not trying to flip this phone on ebay or anything. i'm not making any profit from this.

6. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

You can probably get a gevey sim for it if they make one for that firmware and baseband. Check out applenberry or amazon.com to see if they have them available.

7. kingoftherolex thread starter macrumors member

there's no gevey sim for this baseband. Is there any way to change my baseband and just use ultrasnow?

8. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

nope, not possible. You'll either have to wait till the end of the contract or pay ATT for the unlock.

9. kingoftherolex thread starter macrumors member

alright. thanks a bunch for all your help.