Unlock not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hassouni, Oct 8, 2011.

1. hassouni macrumors member

Feb 10, 2008
    So, I just successfully jailbroke my mother's 3G with pwnagetool 4.2.1, making it the fourth iPhone I've jailbroken. I followed the steps here:
    http://www.redmondpie.com/download-pwnagetool-4.2.1-for-untethered-4.2.1-jailbreak-custom-firmware/# including checking "activate" since it will no longer be used for AT&T. So the jailbreak worked fine, Cydia installed fine, I went to install Ultrasn0w, and now the phone gets no service whatever sim card is installed. The bootloader is version 05.09 (G2M3S2), the Baseband is ICE2-05.14.04, and as said the OS is 4.2.1.

Is there anything I can do to get a network connection? I've used ultrasn0w all the other times without a hitch, what happened?
  2. hassouni thread starter macrumors member

Feb 10, 2008
    Hmm, I just read about iPad basebands for the 3G...Is it possible to go back into pwnagetool, create a custom ipsw for iPad, and unlock that?
  3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Dec 22, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    If you want, you can install Ipad baseband by using Redsn0w. Make sure you download Ipad 1 3.2.2 fw onto your computer first before you proceed.
  4. hassouni thread starter macrumors member

Feb 10, 2008
    I managed to upgrade the baseband using pwnagetool 4.1, the 4.2.1 iphone ipsw, and the appropriate ipad ipsw. It now works! Excellent.
  5. awer25 macrumors 65816

Apr 30, 2011
    Do you have an AT&T SIM? I've heard it's better to not check "Activate" and then let it auto activate with an AT&T SIM...then download UltraSn0w. That's always worked for me.

Alternative 1, uninstall Ultrasnow, reboot, then reinstall ultrasnow.

Alternative 2, I remember once having a similar issue and I had to restart twice to fix it. Depending on whether I restarted first by holding down the lock button then again via SBSettings or vice versa, it would work. I forget which order it was though.