Unlock O2 iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kyriacos, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Kyriacos macrumors newbie

Hello,

Recently a friend of mine brought me an iPhone 4 Locked from O2 to Unlock it for him.

I thought would be easy as I unlocked my iPhone 4 from AT&T and FREE.

I ordered an unlock from a 3rd party company, not straight from O2. At the beginning they asked from me 19.99 pounds and now they asking for another 50 pounds cause they told me the 19.99 it was a pre-order.

O2 asking for just 19.99 credited on my O2 SIM card. I think 70 pounds is too much.

But heres the story. My friend told me he bought the iPhone from O2 with contract but he never pay the billings cause he left from the country( You know you are going to leave, hell why you don't buy an unlocked one :confused:)

Now I have a PAY and GO O2 SIM card, If i credit the Sim card, can I asks for unlock from O2 UK? I don't want to have any situations with O2 cause of the unpaid billings or something?

Also, I made a check through checkmend.com, and everything is fine nothing reported or barred.

Can you suggest me any cheap way to unlock it or any website that offers cheap unlocks and I can trust them?

Thank you

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Ok first stay away from those rip off merchants trying to charge £70 for an unlock. Disgraceful.

Normally when someone defaults on their contract it's the sim that's blocked.

You will need to be an 02 payg customer for a certain length of time then you can request the unlock. Just ensure you have enough credit on your phone and be ready with the alternative micro sim in order to complete the unlock process via iTunes.

3. SenseiPhone macrumors regular

Well, the IMEI may be blocked / barred now.

It costs about $100 to unlock blocked O2 iPhone by IMEI, it's permanent unlock, tho.